Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Blogging? Me?

I've been thinking about starting a blog for a long time, but I've never had or made the time to do it.  At the moment, however, I'm on "hiatus" - i.e., between jobs - so I have a bit of time, and while it may be egotistical, I think I have some things to say.  So here goes.

I intend to write mostly about securities law and corporate governance - two subjects about which I'm passionate.  As the title of this blog may suggest, I'm most likely to write about the foibles and oddities of corporate America and its stakeholders, including the investor community, the legislative, regulatory and political environment in which companies operate, proxy advisory firms, lawyers, and so on.  I've spent 40+ years in that world, mostly as an in-house lawyer, but sometimes as outside counsel or advisor, and always as an observer of the weird stuff that goes on there.

If you've read my profile, you know that I'm also a voracious reader, an opera fanatic and a proud husband, father and grandfather, so you're going to see some posts about those subjects as well.  

Finally, since so many crazy things seem to happen every day all over the world, I will no doubt write about some of those as well.  I guess I'm saying that I'll write about whatever I want to write about.

I hope you enjoy my blog, but I welcome your comments (even critical ones).  And if you do enjoy it, tell your friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment